Coroporations, both large and small.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hardyfastener

hardyfastener

• Moderators
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

The material handling people, selling solutions to handling, storing and shipping
situations have a different way of approaching a potential company. Notice, I used the the word SOLUTIONS, not problems, as once a situation is diagnosed as a problem the selling procedure becomes very focused. If at all possible, start with people who have titles such as logistical vp, operations vp, shipping and handling personnel. This may seem to be starting at or near the bottom of the ladder, but these are the people to whom a better way of doing something brings them recognition and plaudets from management.
Advertising, brochures, telephone contacts directly with titles, as above, will save you time, money and energy versus trying to contact purchasing or
higher echelon titles. These hands-on people are those who have limited time and are always focused on THEIR OWN performance. Did I mention, getting as much information as possible on a company before approaching them. To be fore warned is to be fore armed.:)
Drew Graham
www.hardy-builtfastener.com
sales@hardy-builtfastener.com
800-445-4271 or 215-699-6111

#2 Crate Crazy

Crate Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

Good point Drew.

It's always more beneficial trying to work with people who will use your product as oppose to simply purchase it. Don't get me wrong, purchasers are important contacts as well, but keep the guys/gals in shipping happy and they'll sell your product for you.
Carey Smith
NEFAB - www.nefab.us
NEFAB - www.nefab.ca
carey.smith@nefab.com
LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/careyafsmith
Nefab Blog: http://nefabcratinga...g.blogspot.com/

"Your Global Partner For Complete Packaging Solutions"

#3 sliver

sliver

Forum Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

The people that use the crates or what ever product you are selling is very important to the process. But please make sure you have a solid relationship with purchasing specifically, large corporations.

Nothing is worse then working through a process having the low end users buy in and just becasue the procurement officer did not have involvement you are out. Most selling today is multi tiered and no company is like any other. Cover your bases, what works for one does not necessarily work for another.

#4 hardyfastener

hardyfastener

• Moderators
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

I agree with your point considering both the Procirement as well as the End
User or Operations guy, having been manipulated by PA's without having the
people (users) backing you up. However, I find that one has to know the
particular program, structure and players before making a commitment as to
just how you are going to approach a company. All companies are differently
structured, one to the other. There are web pages, local and state organizations that can help as well as the networking available in your immediate area. Dun & Bradstreet as well as your local library may help. There are several professional organizations: NWPCA, IOPP, SME, NIPHLE to name a few, that have data base coverage on amany companies.

Edited by Marcel, 13 July 2010 - 12:33 PM.

Drew Graham
www.hardy-builtfastener.com
sales@hardy-builtfastener.com
800-445-4271 or 215-699-6111

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users